Universal Insurance Holdings, Inc. Subsidiary UPCIC Complete
Thursday, Jun 04,2009, 1:18:58 PM Click:
Subsequent to receiving approval of its rates and forms from the insurance division of Hawaii's Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs on April 24, 2009, UPCIC has written its first homeowners' policies in the State of Hawaii. Additionally, as a result of UPCIC's expansion and growth in states outside of Florida, UPCIC's total in-force premiums have exceeded a combined $1 million in the states of North Carolina, South Carolina, and Hawaii.
About Universal Insurance Holdings, Inc.
Universal Insurance Holdings, Inc. (UIH) is a vertically integrated insurance holding company, which through its various subsidiaries, covers substantially all aspects of insurance underwriting, distribution, claims processing and exposure management. Universal Property & Casualty Insurance Company (UPCIC), a wholly owned subsidiary of UIH, is one of the five leading writers of homeowners' insurance in Florida and is now fully licensed and has commenced its operations in Georgia, Hawaii, North Carolina and South Carolina. Additionally, the Company has also filed an application to the Texas Department of Insurance to form a separate property and casualty subsidiary to write homeowners' insurance coverage in Texas.
Readers should refer generally to reports filed by the Company with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), specifically the Company's Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2008, and the Company's Form 10-Q for the quarterly period ended March 31, 2009, for a discussion of the risk factors that could affect its operations. Such factors include, without limitation, exposure to catastrophic losses; reliance on the Company's reinsurance program; underwriting performance on catastrophe and non-catastrophe risks; the ability to maintain relationships with customers, employees or suppliers; competition and its effect on pricing, spending and third-party relationships; the Company's financial stability rating; product pricing and revenues; and the effect of Federal or state laws and regulations. Additional factors that may affect future results are contained in the Company's filings with the SEC, which are available on the SEC's web site at http://www.sec.gov. The Company disclaims any obligation to update and revise statements contained in this press release based on new information or otherwise.
Cautionary Language Concerning Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains "forward-looking statements" that anticipate results based on our estimates, assumptions and plans that are subject to uncertainty. These statements are made subject to the safe-harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. We assume no obligation to update any forward-looking statements as a result of new information or future events or developments.
These forward-looking statements do not relate strictly to historical or current facts and may be identified by their use of words like "plans," "seeks," "expects," "will," "should," "anticipates," "estimates," "intends," "believes," "likely," "targets" and other words with similar meanings. These statements may address, among other things, our strategy for growth, catastrophe exposure management, product development, investment results, regulatory approvals, market position, expenses, financial results, litigation and reserves. We believe that these statements are based on reasonable estimates, assumptions and plans. However, if the estimates, assumptions or plans underlying the forward-looking statements prove inaccurate or if other risks or uncertainties arise, actual results could differ materially from those communicated in these forward-looking statements.
Investor Contact: Philip Kranz Dresner Corporate Services 312-780-7240 email@example.com
You may also be interested in:
Humana Military Healthcare Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Humana Inc.
Copyright: Business Wire Source: Business Wire Wordcount: NEW YORK - (BUSINESS
OLDWICK, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- U.S., Bermuda and large international
Copyright: Business Wire Source: Business Wire Wordcount: WALTHAM,
Bank holding company CVB Financial Corp (NASDAQ:CVBF) disclosed late Friday
Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick has proposed reforms that include expanding
Healthcare reform will strengthen small businesses by lowering insurance costs,
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- A.M. Best Places Ratings of Forethought Life Insurance Compa
- A.M. Best Downgrades Issuer Credit and Debt Ratings of Jackson National Life Insurance Company and Its Affiliates
- A.M. Best Downgrades Ratings of Bankers Life Insurance Company; Revises Outlook to Negative
- Farmers Insurance(R) Named One of the 'Best Companies to Work For' in the Greater Kansas City Area
- Till Death Do Us Part; How second-to-die life insurance pol
- Chartis Charts Its Path Away From AIG
- A.M. Best Revises Outlook to Negative for AXA Financial, Inc
- Prepared Insurance Strategy Shaped by Florida Regulation, Rates
- Bank of America began to reduce the principal amount of mortgage loan modifications
- A.M. Best Downgrades Issuer Credit Ratings of Primerica Life
- Correction: Fitch Affirms Manulife Financial Corp's Operatin
- Ind. teachers union to cover disability claims
- Man accused of torching church where he was music director
- Travelers Championship Officially Begins with Opening BellSM Ceremony at the NYSE
- Research and Markets: private health care in Central and Eas
- Reinsurance Group of America to acquire ING Reinsurance U.S.
- Hot Stocks LiquidTycoon.com questions about the movement tod
- Joyce, Jackman and Bell offer to buy Murray Insurance Agency