Longtime board member resigns from MBIA board
Wednesday, Jun 24,2009, 3:56:04 PM Click:
Company spokeswoman Elizabeth James offered no further details on the reasons behind the decision.
Rolls joined MBIA's board in 1995, and served on its finance, audit and compensation committees and organization.
He retired as president and CEO of thermionic Systems International in 2007, according to a biography on MBIA's Web site. Prior to his position there, he worked as president and CEO of Deutsche Bank North America, chief financial officer for United Technologies Corp. .. and CFO of RCA Corp. ..
Rolls could not be reached for comment.
For the past month, MBIA has been mired in a legal battle with a group of 18 financial institutions, who claim that the company fraudulently separated its businesses early this year, according to a report in The Wall Street Journal.
A group of U.S. and foreign banks _ including JPMorgan Chase & Co., Bank of America Corp. .., Morgan Stanley, Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, Barclays PLC and UBS AG _ filed the lawsuit in New York state court in mid-May, the paper reported.
MBIA split its operations during the first quarter to separate its traditional municipal bond insurance business from the riskier operations that had led to five consecutive quarterly losses.
According to The Wall Street Journal, the banks believe MBIA Insurance is now undercapitalized and will not be able to write new insurance.
Shares of Armonk, NY-based MBIA fell 52 cents, or 10.5 percent, to close at $ 4.42.
You may also be interested in:
- Best's Rating Notification - MAPFRE Insurance Company of Florida
- BofA CEO Lewis Not Off the Hook
- Golden State Mutual Seized by Insurance Commissioner
- White House Ramps Up Push To Shape Health Bill; Administration More Hands-on With Legislation
- Air France Crash Likely to Further Pressure Aviation Insuran
Copyright: Unknown Source: Market Wire Wordcount: DAYTONA BEACH, FL and TAMPA,
TALLAHASSEE, Fla._An appeals court has backed a decision by state regulators
Great Southern Bank, Springfield, Missouri, Assumes All of the Deposits of
China's premium income in the first nine months rose 8.1 per cent from a year
Copyright: Business Wire Source: Business Wire Wordcount: DUBLIN,
Universal Insurance Holdings Inc. said its subsidiary, Universal Property and
Copyright: h Best Company, Inc. Source: BestWire Wordcount: 737 Credit related
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- A.M. Best Places Ratings of Forethought Life Insurance Compa
- A.M. Best Downgrades Issuer Credit and Debt Ratings of Jackson National Life Insurance Company and Its Affiliates
- A.M. Best Downgrades Ratings of Bankers Life Insurance Company; Revises Outlook to Negative
- Till Death Do Us Part; How second-to-die life insurance pol
- Farmers Insurance(R) Named One of the 'Best Companies to Work For' in the Greater Kansas City Area
- Chartis Charts Its Path Away From AIG
- Prepared Insurance Strategy Shaped by Florida Regulation, Rates
- A.M. Best Revises Outlook to Negative for AXA Financial, Inc
- Generali Pilipinas Marks Record Bancassurance Performance in the Philippines
- Bank of America began to reduce the principal amount of mortgage loan modifications
- Humana Military Healthcare Services Promotes Flu Vaccinations for South Region TRICARE Beneficiaries
- India? S Regulator Requires insurers to disclose more financ
- Cost Of Insuring Against Default By Japanese Co.s Declining
- Deutsche Insurance Division Kaj as Global Strategic Development
- Brown & Brown, Inc. announces the acquisition of WR Reed
- Post Office warns of home insurance risk for home workers
- Summer Vacation: Travel Insurance Tips From eHealthInsurance
- Good Neighbors at State Farm $ 250,000 Grant for communities