Calif.-Based Pension Adviser Settles NY Probe
Thursday, Jul 02,2009, 2:14:44 PM Click:
The settlement announced Wednesday will spare the Pacific Corporate Group from criminal or civil charges in a probe led by state Attorney General Andrew Cuomo (KWOH'-moh).
Regulators had accused the California-based company of paying an illegal kickback in order to land a $750 million deal with New York's retirement system.
Pacific Corporate Group agreed to return its revenue from the deal. It will also end the type of payments that led to the kickback allegation.
The company said the settlement would remedy "the improper actions of a former executive."
You may also be interested in:
Copyright 2009 Crain CommunicationsAll rights reserved Business Insurance 16
Copyright: A.M. Best Company, Inc. Source: BestWire Services Wordcount: Some
The current debate over health care reform has spawned town hall meetings all
Berkshire Hathaway Inc., in newly released correspondence with the U.S.
Copyright: PR Newswire Source: PR Newswire Wordcount: 388 Pawtucket, RI, March
Copyright: Unknown Source: Market Wire Wordcount: DAYTONA BEACH, FL and TAMPA,
OLDWICK, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- A.M. Best Co . has revised the outlook to
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- A.M. Best Places Ratings of Forethought Life Insurance Compa
- A.M. Best Downgrades Issuer Credit and Debt Ratings of Jackson National Life Insurance Company and Its Affiliates
- A.M. Best Downgrades Ratings of Bankers Life Insurance Company; Revises Outlook to Negative
- Farmers Insurance(R) Named One of the 'Best Companies to Work For' in the Greater Kansas City Area
- Till Death Do Us Part; How second-to-die life insurance pol
- Chartis Charts Its Path Away From AIG
- A.M. Best Revises Outlook to Negative for AXA Financial, Inc
- Prepared Insurance Strategy Shaped by Florida Regulation, Rates
- Bank of America began to reduce the principal amount of mortgage loan modifications
- A.M. Best Downgrades Issuer Credit Ratings of Primerica Life
- Grisolia Richard at the head of marketing for Narragansett B
- U.S. action against Somali pirates May Increase the demand f
- Hardy Underwriting Bermuda to form 50:50 joint venture with Arab Insurance Group
- Obama presses doctors to back health care overhaul
- Reeve paralysis survy
- Graniz Mondal Inc. Enters Into Letter of Intent With DigiScreen Corporation
- Troubled Insurance Industry is Making Changes to Confront Cr
- Zurich now offers three new insurance programs for energy se