AnnuitySpecs.com Releases Fourth Quarter 2008 Sales Results
Friday, Mar 06,2009, 4:54:39 PM Click:
Fifty-nine indexed annuity carriers participated in the 46th edition of the Advantage Index Sales & Market Report, which represents 99% of indexed annuity production. Total fourth quarter turnover of 7.2 billion dollars, up 12.7% over the same period last year. Compared to the previous quarter, sales rose 6.7%. "People looking for a way to protect their dollars, and indexed annuities are" safe money "choice," said Sheryl J. Moore, president and CEO of AnnuitySpecs.com. "Rest assured that if I tell you that 2009 sales of indexed annuities will be a record! Who better to serve the security needs of American money that fixed insurance agents selling these insurance products? Total 2008 sales were $ 26.7 billion, the second year for more sales of the product line (2005 sales were a record $ 27.2 billion).
It is worth mentioning that Aviva still holds the # 1 on the market, they have even increased their market share by 2% since last quarter, for an incredible 31% market share. No carrier has the same production level of AI in a single quarter since the 2nd quarter, 2005. American Investors Income Select Bonus is the # 1 selling indexed annuities on the market for the second consecutive quarter. It is also interesting to note that almost 56% of all sales of indexed annuities for the quarter were by companies domiciled in Iowa.
On the life of the contract, all thirty-five carriers in the indexed life market share Advantage Index Sales & Market Report, representing 100% of production. One of the carriers has not yet had their earnings call, therefore, we release the final sale at the end of February. However, the first fourth-quarter sales were $ 146.6 million, an increase of almost 14% over the previous quarter and the same period in 2007. "You think this is an achievement? Wait until you see the final results." Said Mr. Moore. "Indexed life insurance sales continue to amaze me. It is simply a testimony to the fact that this once-niche product is becoming the preferred type of life insurance. Traditionnelle Variable UL best attention I think we can give them a term for their money! "The preliminary total for 2008 sales of life index was $ 565.9 million, the ninth consecutive record year.
It should be noted the interest of the articles indexed in the market this quarter include Aviva firmly on their # 1 position, with 18% market share. Pacific Life private sales because the carrier took 16% of their own market share this quarter. Life Pacific Indexed Accumulator III also took the rank of No. 1 indexed life contract for company reports. Over 85% of annual turnover used a point to point the credit method, and total sales increased on average while the policy and rely on average two face amount decreased.
You may also be interested in:
- Zenith to Pay Dividend,Zenith National Insurance Corp.
- House airing for financial services reform
- Form AIG General Insurance Holding Company
- Majority in U.S. Favors Healthcare Reform This Year
- Insurance executives expect to increase in 2010 are, however, moderate on the subscription profits: KPMG survey
Copyright: PR Newswire Source: PR Newswire Wordcount: 276 ROCHESTER, NY, March
A federal grand jury has indicted a Kansas City man, alleging that he set fire
Copyright: The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be
Great Southern Bank, Springfield, Missouri, Assumes All of the Deposits of
Copyright: Business Wire Source: Business Wire Wordcount: WALTHAM,
As more and more workers tweet on Twitter or post on Facebook, employers have
HARTFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- As the 2009 hurricane season begins, the MIT
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Insurance Industry Campaign Contributions Lean in Favor of Democrats
- Total Admitted Assets for Top 25 U.S. Life/Health Writers Dr
- Class Action Suit against Nationwide Insurance
- Insurance Department Releases Report on Executive Compensation at State's Largest Blues' Plans
- MetLife's Bank Passes Federal Government's Stress Tests
- Indexed Annuity Sales Set A Record For 2Q 2009
- Best Removes From Under Review, Affirms Ratings of Liberty Bankers Life Insurance Company and Subsidiary; Outlook Negative
- LIMRA/McKinsey Study Reveals How Life Insurers Can Optimize
- New York Life’s Top Ratings Affirmed by All Four Major Rating Agencies
- John Hancock Partners with Millennium Trust Company to terminate the services plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota Names von Ebers President, CEO
- Lincoln Financial Group To Pay $ 500 million debt due April
- Over 50 years Financial clinical Live Web TV
- AARP Financial Inc. Survey Finds: vast majority of families
- Madoff IRS To Allow victims of theft loss deduction for 2008
- American Enterprise, Homesteaders Life Decide not to merge
- New York Insurance Department is proposing legislation to re
- Job Shift insurers on premiums