Global Aerospace, Catlin reported to insurers for FedEx plan
Thursday, Mar 26,2009, 1:46:59 PM Click:
The FedEx McDonnell Douglas MD-11 aircraft, the flight from Guangzhou, China crashed on landing at Tokyo Narita International Airport on March 23, causing two deaths and the loss of cargo.
Catlin is reported to the insurer Lloyd's to operate the aircraft, whereas Global Aerospace led to the global coverage.
The plane attempted to land in strong winds about 45 miles per hour. The Japan Meteorological Agency had issued a storm warning for the area around Narita, Guy Carpenter said in a report. Strong winds may have caused the plane to divert from the runway, but Japanese officials said it was too early to confirm if the bad weather was the cause of the accident.
According to Guy Carpenter, an official at the Bureau of Transportation Safety of Japan said that the plan has been carrying flammable liquids as cargo, and firefighters on the scene took two hours to extinguish the fire which completely destroyed the plane.
The accident caused the closure of two runways in Tokyo, the main international airport, and more than 20,000 passengers were affected by flight cancellations and diversions. He was the first fatal accident at Narita Airport since it opened in 1978.
This accident is the third west-built jet airliner total loss in 2009, following an accident at Turkish Airlines Amsterdam Schiphol International Airport in February and a crash landing of U.S. Airways to New York's Hudson River, January, "said Guy Carpenter.
You may also be interested in:
- POLITICS-US: THE TWISTS AND TURNS OF HEALTHCARE REFORM
- NAIC Seeks Route Through Legal, Political Roadblocks for Reinsurance Framework
- Auto Writers Play Rough After Reform in Massachusetts
- China's Moc To Formulate New Policies For Consumption Stimulus
- Other lawmakers possible successors for Eliot Shapleigh's state Senate seat
Iris Lai TOKYO, March 24, 2009 (AM Best via COMTEX) -- Gibraltar Life Insurance
As more and more workers tweet on Twitter or post on Facebook, employers have
NEW DELHI, INDIA - (MARKET WIRE) - 06/23/09 - TheFortuneFinancial.com provides
Copyright: PR Newswire Source: PR Newswire Wordcount: 1307 Metro Atlanta school
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- The 2009 Travelers Championship will officially
www.PinnacleDigest.com is a performance-driven online financial magazine and
Copyright: PR Newswire Source: PR Newswire Wordcount: 388 Pawtucket, RI, March
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Best's Review's Insurance Broker Ranking Shows Aon, Marsh at the Top, Shifting Lineup
- Universal Property & Casualty Insurance Co. Increases Bu
- AAA will drop homeowners' insurance policies in Louisiana
- Willis Group Holdings names CEO Tony Ursano, Willis Capital
- A.M. Best Downgrades Ratings of State Farm Florida Insurance
- Lightning-Related Insurance Claims Up
- A.M. Best Affirms Ratings of Auto-Owners Insurance Group and
- Berkshire Hathaway’s Insurance Subsidiaries Buck Property/C
- Nationwide Insurance, Allied Insurance Responding to Hail Storm in Denver Area
- European Insurance Asset Management Survey published
- A.I.G. Balks at Claims From Jet Ditching in Hudson
- Consumers no better off after lower bank rates
- Lenders hidden door
- VP Insurance acquires Rockaway Park Condo
- Lenders accused of dirty mortgage tricks
- Meeting Climate Change Head On
- Spitzer spoke AIG In Interview
- Former MMC Exec Cherkasky Up To New Challenge