Lloyd's appoints new president of North America
Tuesday, Aug 25,2009, 12:18:10 PM Click:
Lloyd's has announced that Hank Watkins has been appointed as its new President, North America.
Watkins will be responsible for all Lloyd's operations in the US and Canada, including offices in New York, Kentucky, Illinois, Los Angeles, Virgin Islands and Montreal.
He has held a range of positions in the United States and Europe at global insurers and brokers, including Chubb & Son; Barney & Barney; Johnson & Higgins; Hilb Rogal & Hobbs; and Marsh.
Hank will be based in New York and will take up his new role on 31 August.
Sue Langley, director of Market Operations and North America, said "I am delighted that Hank is coming on board to lead our North American operations.He has over 28 years experience in the insurance industry, as both an underwriter and broker, and understands the opportunities and challenges that the industry faces in today's global marketplace.
His unique experience, fresh approach to the Lloyd's market and mix of skills will be invaluable as we seek to develop our presence and brand in the US and Canada over the coming years."
You may also be interested in:
- Mark Farrah Associates Releases 1Q09 Health Insurer Insights Reports
- China May Start Pilot Program For Insurers To Set Up Fund Cos
- The $126K Agent Stimulus Plan
- BestDay Audio for Monday, Sept. 28: AM Best's Catherine Thomas on London Subscription Market
- Divided Democrats Put Obama In Health Care Bind
Copyright: PR Newswire Source: PR Newswire Wordcount: 276 ROCHESTER, NY, March
NEW YORK - (BUSINESS WIRE) - Fitch Ratings has downgraded the long-term issuer
BUYINS.NET / www.squeezetrigger.com is monitoring the performance of all stocks
SAN RAMON, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- As authorized under Title III of the
FDIC Approves the Payout of Insured Deposits of Platinum Community Bank,
Humana is one of a number of private health plans that contracts with CMS to
Copyright: Business Wire Source: Business Wire Wordcount: BOSTON--(BUSINESS
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Best's Review's Insurance Broker Ranking Shows Aon, Marsh at the Top, Shifting Lineup
- Universal Property & Casualty Insurance Co. Increases Bu
- AAA will drop homeowners' insurance policies in Louisiana
- Willis Group Holdings names CEO Tony Ursano, Willis Capital
- A.M. Best Downgrades Ratings of State Farm Florida Insurance
- Lightning-Related Insurance Claims Up
- A.M. Best Affirms Ratings of Auto-Owners Insurance Group and
- Wildfires and insurance(insurance news net)
- Berkshire Hathaway’s Insurance Subsidiaries Buck Property/C
- Insurance industry consolidation likely to rise: Report
- A.M. Best Special Report: Reinsurers Keep Their Balance Desp
- Sour Economy Squeezes Buyers, Brokers Alike
- Motorcycle thefts declining by almost 5 percent over the pas
- Squatters move into Billionaires’ Row as concern grows over homes left empty
- Members to the question on mortgage lenders and loan shortage repossession
- Winter storms to affect the results of the first quarter of
- Americans Weigh In On Obama's Automaker Bailout Plan
- A.I.G. Balks at Claims From Jet Ditching in Hudson